Maths Tutors 4 Me
+ Science, IT, English ...
Contact us by|
- Legal Basis
- Information we collect from you
- Additional information
- Retention and anonymisation
- Information sharing
- Child safety
- External links
- Data storage and international transfers
- Your rights
- Contacting us
- This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.mathstutors4me.co.uk
- We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
- If you are providing personal information on behalf of someone else you need to obtain consent from the individual to do so.
When the data you provide us is personally identifiable, we process it on these legal bases:
- Consent: you give clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
Information we collect from you
- If you are a student or parent, you complete an online form to provide your post code, the exam you want help with and your email address. Optionally, you can provide your phone number, the parent's name, the student's name, the student's age, the student's school year and a free format text box (for any comments you feel are relevant to a tutor). The form includes consent to provide this information to registered tutors. Consent.
- If you are a tutor, you complete an online form to provide your name, post code, email address, qualifications, prices, gender and a free format text box (for any comments you feel are relevant to prospective students). The form includes consent to provide this information to prospective students. Consent.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Website, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Retention and Anonymisation
We will remove the personal information we hold about you, by anonymisation:
- within 1 month if you request your personal data to be removed and you have not had any contact with other users, or as soon as practicable if your request is particularly complex;
- 15 months after the last activity on the account if you request your personal data to be removed and you have contacted other users who may have a legitimate interest to query the agreements or representations you have made;
- In anonymisation we remove any information that could allow us to identify you as an individual. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, dates of birth. We permanently delete all scans of documents, photos and DBS information on our databases and those of third party processors. Once anonymised, an account cannot be reactivated.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website, in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
- In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
- We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is very important to us. We recommend that children under 18 years of age do not use the Website and that a parent or guardian uses the Website on such a child's behalf.
The Website contains links to external sites. If you follow a link to any third party website, note that they have their own privacy policies and that mathstutors4me does not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of users' personal information by such third parties.
- We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
- You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
- It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Data storage and international transfers
- Information that you submit via the Website is sent to and stored on secure servers located in Germany and managed by www.1and1.co.uk
- Information may be transferred for further processing inside or outside the EEA to third parties who have certified their compliance to GDPR or under a compliant Data Processing Agreement (DPA). By submitting information via the Website, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
- If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
- As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.